Tuesday, August 30, 2011

From Kirtland to Nauvoo

 For those who don’t know, I spent my summer this year working as a lifeguard. I have to say I really enjoyed my job, but because I worked everyday it wore me out quickly. So when August rolled around I asked my boss if I could finish working earlier than I had written on my application. With his permission, Amber and I finished working early August and joined our family on a road trip to Nauvoo. Mom wanted to take this trip to see some of the church sites since she’d just finished teaching the Doctrine and Covenants in Seminary.  Our cousin Shelly Whitaker also joined us on the trip! Although the driving hours were long, we had lots of fun and got to visit Kirtland, Nauvoo and Carthage. We also put one day aside to spend at Cedar Point in Ohio!! It was tons of fun!
Wagon ride in Nauvoo
      Nauvoo Temple
                   




Shelly, Brooke, Amber and I at the Kirtland Temple


Jacob and I on Dragster at Cedar Point

                          
The family playing Hands and Feet
(something we did a lot over the summer)





No comments:

Post a Comment