Sunday, October 16, 2011

Corn Tortillas

I'm not really sure why I decided to try making corn tortilla's because I've never really eaten them before. I guess I just felt like trying something new. I'm really glad I did because I've made these twice now; they're so easy! They might taste different then store tortillas, but they are good.

On Jessie's blog I found a recipe to use my corn tortilla's in and now its one of my favorite lunch foods. Its her Grilled Chicken, Red Pepper, and Smoked Gouda Panini


Corn Tortillas 

Ingredients: 
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal, as finely ground as possible
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp. oil
1 1/2 cups water




Directions:
1. In a medium bowl: combine the flour, cornmeal, and salt
2. In small bowl: combine beaten eggs, oil and water
3. Pour the liquid mixture slowly into the dry mixture, stir. 
4. The batter needs to be very thin like a crepe batter, so a water if necessary.
5. In a frying pan, wiped with a little oil, spoon about a 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan.
6. Rotate the pan until the batter is spread out thin, about six inches across.
7. Cook until slightly brown on the bottom then flip and cook the other side. 



Recipe from Group Recipes.
Here is my own version of Jessie's recipe!
I used green bell peppers, purple onions and gouda cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment