Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

Yep, it's February and I'm still baking with pumpkin. Thats because I still have about 15 cups of it in our freezer from November. My roommates and I ate both of these loaves in 24 hours...they were really good. Sadly I don't have photo, I've made this twice now so I definitely need to take one :)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 whole egg
1 egg white
1 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup agave nectar 
1/4-1/2 cup granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
1. Beat the pumpkin, applesauce, egg, and egg whites on medium speed until smooth. 
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, Stevia, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
3. Grease 2 loaf pans. Pour half of the filling in one pan and the other half in the second pan and smooth with the back of a spoon (I added chocolate chips to one of the loafs). 
4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool and remove from pans. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.


Adapted from Sunday Baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment