Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pumpkin Muffins

School is going really well. Midterms are coming up so things will get a bit crazy. I'm loving The Colony, but looking for somewhere new to live in the fall. I've kinda injured my ankle, but its doing a lot better. I've been taking a break from running and swim at the pool in the mornings. Amber and I did intramural doubles for tennis and made it to the finals match. It was a ton of fun, but sadly we lost. I'm still going to all the BYU sporting events and hanging out with all my good friends. I feel so blest because I'm having such a great semester!

IMG_2352
Ingredients:
2 cups pumpkin puree
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup applesauce
2 eggs
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan.
2. Mix together pumpkin, oil, applesauce, eggs, and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Yields: 12 muffins

1 comment:

  1. I love the muffins! I didn't put the chocolate chips in and they were still really yummy :)

    ReplyDelete