Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yogurt Lemon Bread

I'm back in Virginia!!! And loving the trees! I was so happy when our plane landed yesterday and all I could see where billions of trees. Oh, and the space shuttle. That was pretty neat. It's still sitting at Dullus waiting to be taken to the Chantilly Air and Space Museum. 
Now that I'm finally home I have a ton of things I would like to get done. My list is very long and somewhere on it is updating my blog. I am so far behind it is a bit rediculous. So I will try my best. 
Amber has forced me onto my blog this morning because she need lemon recipes. Lately I bought a Costco size pack of lemons to use in a bunch of recipes I've been wanting to try. Here is one of many. It is very delicious!


Yogurt Lemon Bread
Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda

1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/3 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/3 cup of applesauce
1 cup of low fat plain Greek yogurt
3 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 teaspoons of grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grate the lemon peel then squeeze lemon juice.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl

4. In another bowl, stir egg, yogurt, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and lemon peel. Once mixed, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix well.
5. Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan. 
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
Adapted from TheRealisticNutritionist.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! :) Hope you're having fun back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so just the other day I was thinking of how I can sooo tell you and your sister apart, when it used to be hard. Like it's no biggy now. Anyways story: yesterday I saw your sister and she was at the pool with sunglasses on and her hair was pulled back. I totally said, "Oh hi Katelyn!" And she looked at me and smiled and said hi. And then I knew I blew it! Totally wasn't you. Now my pride is shot and I should stop boasting. Hope you have a fun time at home! And ps... I totally bought yogurt so I could start making all your divine recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, when she pulls her bangs back we do look a lot more alike, so I understand you thought she was me. Even Talicee had a hard time telling us apart once when Amber's bangs were pulled back and we were both in running clothes...and she's lived with us :)
    Thats awesome to hear you got some yogurt; I hope you like my recipes! Enjoy your summer!!

    ReplyDelete