Monday, June 18, 2012

summer life...


Sorry I've been so absent from my blog. It's been extremely hard to keep things updated even though I've had plenty of time this summer to write posts. I've been cooking like crazy in the kitchen, especially since I wasn't working at the beginning of the summer. I think my family as really appreciated having me home and cooking them meals :) Even if some of the food turns out a little strange...its all trial and error. I get some really good meals and some okay ones :) Don't worry, I only post the good ones :P


If I remember correctly the last time I posted about my life was when baby Clara was born!! That seems so long ago since so much has happened since then. Here's some things I've done: I took a trip with my family and awesome friend Kate Corbett to NYC for a few days, Brooke went to Mormon prom, my brother and his wife came to visit and have their last wedding reception here in VA, I started working as a sub lifeguard and a full time babysitter, Brooke graduated from high school and seminary, I went to the One Direction concert with Brooke...and the list goes on!!! I'll do some separate posts with more pictures.
Brooke in her prom dress <3


Originally Brooke and I were going to drive out to Utah around the 13th of June and do a summer semester together at BYU; however, that plan obviously changed. Brooke was tired of school already and I was dreading the thought of going back to days of homework. I also wanted to work full time and earn some money this summer. Although Brooke probably would have still gone out to Utah, she kindly took into consideration my wanting to stay home even though she knew that I had promised her I would do whatever she wanted to do. So here I'll be, home for the summer. I am sad that I won't get to see a lot of my friends who are out in Utah this summer, but I'm sure fall semester will roll around soon enough!! I miss you guys!! 


As a graduation gift for Brooke and Kate Corbett we (Kirsten, Amber, and I) got together almost every morning for a few weeks to work on some quilts to give them as gifts. Kate had made Amber, Kirsten, and I each one when we graduated two years ago so we wanted to do the same for her. It was surprisingly a lot more work than I thought it would be. But we had a blast doing it. Keeping it a secret from Brooke was difficult. A couple times we slipped up talking about it around her but luckily she didn't notice :)



Well this will be all for now but I'll post some photos of the different things I've done, and of course more recipes :) Love you all!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment