Monday, September 19, 2011

Apple Pancakes

Apple to me sound like a strange thing to cook when making pancakes. I had never considered it before until now; however, these actually turned out really good! If you love pancakes, and if you love apple; you'll love these!  
I made mine with whole wheat flour; however, I recommend all-purpose flour if you're not quite use to the whole wheat taste.
Apple Pancakes


Ingredients:
2 cups white whole wheat flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups skim milk
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp applesauce
1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and shredded or chopped


Directions:
1. Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Combine the egg, milk, honey, and applesauce in another bowl then stir into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
3. Stir in the apple
4. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a hot nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top and cook until second side is golden brown.


6 servings. Adapted from Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment