However, I don't want to scare you away. I felt they were worthy of posting because I liked them! But I'm use to not eating sweet things, as you can see with the other recipes I've changed to contain less sugar and less fat.
These muffins are very plain, but if you spread on some honey or jam they taste delicious! So if you're brave enough, or have no sweet tooth, give them a try.
Applesauce Muffins
Ingredients:
2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
¾ cup applesauce
1 cup lowfat milk
1/2 tsp allspice (or a pinch, ground cloves, nutmeg, ground ginger - because I didn't have allspice)
3 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions:
1. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice.
2. Add milk, egg, and applesauce; stir only until ingredients are blended and flour is just moistened.
3. Fill 12 greased muffin cups almost full.
4. Bake at 400 degrees F. about 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
5. Serve with honey or jam!
Makes 12 muffins. Tweaked from WashingtonApples.
Haha, I love that you put Talicee's comment! She cracks me up!!! Healthy is good though! Lovin' your blog, Miss Katelyn!
ReplyDelete