Well, things this summer are still going well. I'm still busy working, but enjoying any free time I can. On Sunday I spoke in sacrament meeting on balancing media. I've decided that I really enjoy giving talks and surprisingly don't get nervous anymore. Big accomplishment for me, I guess :)
Banana Oat Flour Muffins
2 c. cooking oats
1/4 sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (w/cinnamon added is fine)
1/3 cup skim milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ripened banana, mashed
3/4 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
1/2 tsp sea salt
Directions:
1. In a food processor, grind oats until they are a fine powder, similar to flour. Add the baking soda to the ground oats and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, add together the banana, sugar, applesauce, milk, eggwhites, and vanilla. Stir well.
3. Add oat mixture into the banana mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in the blueberries. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full (these don't rise much at all). Sprinkle a small amount of coarse sea salt onto each muffin top.
4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until middles are set and they are light golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Sunday Baker.

No comments:
Post a Comment