I'm on my last full week of work. I can't believe my summer is almost over. It's been an amazing one and I wouldn't take any part of it back. This week my schedule is a bit crazy. I've been getting up at 5:30 each morning to exercise before being at work by 7am. I then work for 10 to 11 hours, so the long hours and early mornings has caused me to start going to bed at 9:30pm...I feel like I'm in high school again, lol. I guess college hasn't done much to change my sleeping habits...only boys seem to do it, haha :)
I keep wishing it felt like fall outside, so I had to make something with pumpkin :) Soon I want to try a pumpkin ice cream recipe...but we'll have to see if that happens any time soon.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars1/4 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup pumpkin
1 cup white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup orange juice
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1/4 cup coconut
Directions:
1. Cream sugar, applesauce, egg and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
2. Stir in flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and orange juice. Add the walnuts and raisins. Stir to blend.
3. Pour into a lightly oiled 13 x 19 inch pan. Sprinkle on the coconut. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan completely then cut into bars.
Adapted from cooks.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment