I had never made a sandwich like this one before and I'm so glad I tried it out. These were really good! Quite a bit of work, but definitely worth the effort. I got the recipe from a Sam's Club recipe book that was given to me for having a Sam's Club membership. I was super excited that I got to get a recipe book for free!
Grilled Shrimp Po'Boy with Corn Relish
Ingredients:
8 6" French bread loaves
1 cup spinach
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
2 lbs uncooked shrimp, thawed and tails removed
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 stalks celery, chopped finely
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup greek yogurt
pepper to taste
Shrimp Marinade
1/2 cup olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced (or 6 tsp garlic powder)
2 Tbsp. cajun seasoning
juice of 1 lemon
Directions:
1. For the shrimp marinade, combine olive oil, garlic, seasoning, lemon juice and shrimp. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
2. Preheat grill or george forman to medium high.
3. Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook bell peppers and onions until tender. Stir in corn. Let cool completely. Mix in celery, mayonnaise, greek yogurt, and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Grill shrimp on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. To assemble sandwich, divide spinach, tomato and onions among the buns. Spread 2 tablespoons of corn relish on each bun and top with 8 to 10 grilled shrimp.
No comments:
Post a Comment