Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pumpkin Granola Muffins

Last week I was off work so I got to spend some time repainting my room. I got rid of the yellow walls and made them purple and white. It was a ton of work, so thankfully my mom helped out quite a bit in the beginning. Towards the end of the week my parents left for Chicago to pick Brooke up. Since Amber was working about 12 hours a day things got pretty lonely at the house all by myself. However, I did get to spend the 4th of July with Dan who didn't work and that made up for my family not being around. We went in to DC to see the fireworks, which was a first for me and I would highly recommend it to everyone! Overall, it was a great week. Hope yours was too :)


With this recipe I used muffin liners; however, because there is no fat in the muffins they stuck to the liner. I would recommend not using the muffin liners and just grease the muffin pan.


Pumpkin Granola Muffins 
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 

2 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 15 oz can pumpkin
2 tablespoons applesauce
3/4 cup plain granola + 3/4 cup for topping


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin.


2. In large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. In separate bowl combine eggs, brown sugar, yogurt, pumpkin, and applesauce. Make a well in center of flour mixture, and add egg mixture. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Gently fold in the granola.


3. Add batter to muffin tins. Sprinkle granola topping on each muffin.


4. Bake for approx. 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing.



No comments:

Post a Comment