Friday, November 11, 2011

Apple Banana Bread

Here is another apple bread recipe Amber and I tried together after our apple picking trip. This one I've decided that when I make it again I'll just omit the apples and have it be banana bread. 




Apple Banana Bread 



1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 ripe bananas, mashed (makes about 1 cup)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 medium apple, diced or graded.

Directions:
1. Peel and core the apple and chop/dice it up into small chunks. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan (about 8×4 inches) with parchment paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Make a well in the center.
4. Mash the bananas in a medium-sized bowl and beat in the applesauce, egg whites, and vanilla. Pour into the center of the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Fold/stir the diced apple into the batter and when well-combined, pour into the prepared pan.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a wire rack. Cool completely before cutting.



Original Recipe Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment