1 pumpkin
- 6 hours (of my life)
= 26 cups pumpkin puree
(this is just 6 bags of about 15; two cups per bag)
with endless possibilities and recipes :)
be excited with me...
I started off by chopping and removing the seeds of the pumpkin.
I did this in three different chunks because the whole pumpkin wouldn't fit in the oven at once.
I then pulled them out of the oven and peeled the skin off.
(this is just 6 bags of about 15; two cups per bag)
with endless possibilities and recipes :)
be excited with me...
So if you haven't figured it out already. I spend 6 hours one night chopping up and roasting the HUGE pumpkin my grandfather gave Amber and I from his garden. With great gratitude, Amber was very helpful when I needed it. She did some carving, baking, and blending to help move the process along. Although it was very time consuming and made the whole apartment smell like pumpkin, I enjoyed myself. We ended up with a freezer full of pumpkin puree that I have slowly been using in new recipes that will be posted soon. To my roommates dismay I still have one more left to cook! Yep thats right, grandpa gave Jacob a pumpkin too!! and I get to cook it!
Here are some photo's of the night:
I started off by chopping and removing the seeds of the pumpkin.
I did this in three different chunks because the whole pumpkin wouldn't fit in the oven at once.
Next I took one of the thirds and cut that into four pieces.
Those pieces then went in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40ish minutes.
Along with peeling the skin off I had to pull out any veins and cut of any dried or burnt edges.
I then pureed the pumpkin with beaters and scooped two cups into each ziplock bag to put in the fridge or freezer.
I started at 6pm and finished at midnight. It was exhausting but tons of fun!!


No comments:
Post a Comment