One test down for this weekend, two to go and three weeks until Thanksgiving! I am counting down the days! For a school update, its going well. I'm getting my work done, loving my classes, finding time to cook, and having extra time to spend with friends and roommates so everything is awesome! I am looking forward to decorating my apartment for Christmas with my roommates! (which might happen tonight!!)
I made these quite a while ago and forgot to write down everything that I changed, so I'm making the best guesses I can to what I would have done.
Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
Ingredients:
1 sweet potato
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 cup applesauce
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey
6 oz plain greek yogurt
Directions:
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 16 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners; set aside. Prick sweet potato several times with a fork and place onto a baking sheet.
2. Bake the sweet potato in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes. When the potato is cool enough to handle, peel and mash.
3. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
4. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, the 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Stir in the applesauce, eggs, vanilla, honey, yogurt, and mashed sweet potato, just until all ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
5.Bake muffins in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 12 to 15 minutes.
Adapted from Yummly
No comments:
Post a Comment