Something really exciting happened over the weekend! Saturday morning I was studying for my Human Development exam until 10ish because my brother was coming over to hang out. Well, when he knocked on the door, I was sitting on the couch and could see the door but Amber opened it. Jacob was standing there, then he stepped aside and Brooke (my little sister) was behind him!! Then, my parents walked in behind her! It was the best surprise ever! (I'm not going to lie, some of us might have gotten a bit teary eyed <3) So Brooke took off school for the week to come see us and visit BYU on a college visit since she wants to come here next year. Amber and I are so excited to have our family here this week. Now we're going to be super busy, but I'm so happy!!
When I came across this recipe it looked so fun to try. It is really simple and just like making cinnamon rolls. I didn't put glaze on my bread, but adding it would make it tasted even better! My dough was slightly under cooked in the very center, so be careful and make sure you have it completely done.
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
Ingredients:
whole wheat dough recipe found here. cinnamon
sugar
applesauce
Directions:
1. Once the dough has risen once, roll it out on a floured surface. Spread on a thin layer of applesauce then sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar.
2. slide the dough into long strips and stack on one another. Cut into 2-3 inch pieces in length and stack sideways in greased bread pan.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for at least 30 mins.
Idea adapted from
Babble. Recipe from
my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment