Thursday, December 27, 2012

40 Minute Hamburger Buns


Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
Merry Christmas everyone! I have neglected my blog again, this is because I decided to edit it quite a bit. I've changed the look and over then next long while, I will be going through and fixing each post, taking new photos and trying to make everything look better. 

I got this recipe from my family meal management class at BYU and adapted it just a little bit. These rolls are extremely easy to make and taste delicious. When they come out of the oven brush them with some butter and they are even more tasty!

Ingredients: 
2 Tablespoons active dry yeast
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1teaspoon salt
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Add oil, sugar, egg, salt, and enough flour to form a soft dough. Knead on a floured surface for 3 to 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
3. Imediately divide into 12 pieces, shape each into a ball. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Bake at 425 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool.
Yields: 1 dozen

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look :) This recipe looks pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been nominated for the Liebster Award :)
    http://thegirlinpinkblog.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete