Friday, May 4, 2012

Coconut Bread

These actually surprised me. I wasn't sure they would be any good, but they were...especially with honey on them since they aren't that sweet. If you like coconut and bread, give them a go. The recipe I used called them biscuits; however, I think they're more like rolls.
Coconut Bread/Rolls/Biscuits 

1 cup coconut flour
1-4 cup white whole wheat flour (add flour until stiff enough to roll into balls)
1 tablespoons cinnamon 
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup applesauce 
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a small bowl. 

3. In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well. Continue adding flour until dough is stiff enough to roll into balls.
4. Using your hand roll a ball of dough about an inch in diameter. Then slightly flatten the ball into a biscuit shape and place on cookie sheet. 
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes.


Adapted from The Primal Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment