Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fishing Trip

The second day I was home in Virginia I went on a fishing trip with my dad on the Chesapeake River. We were fishing for trophy bass. It was such a relaxing trip and I loved being on the water. 



 at the fishing dock

 The Chesapeake Bay


inside the boat

We each were allowed to keep one fish. Here's the one I reeled in:
If you couldn't tell the fish are huge so my dad helped me reel mine in. PLUS I'm left handed which made reeling it in by myself even harder :)











 Here's my dad's catch:
the whole crew - I was the only girl


The fishing was set up where they sent a floating raft out to each side of the boat with a rope attached to it. To the rope they attached carabiners that had rubber bands connecting them to each fishing line. This made an L shape that sent the fishing line from the boat to the carabiner on the rope and then out into the water. 
Here is the raft with the rope and carabiners attached to it. 
 So when a fish would bite, it would break the rubber band off of the carabiner and then you can reel the fish in like normal. 



1 comment: