Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Whole Wheat Ginger Muffins

I had some egg yolks that I needed to use up from a different recipe so I hopped on the internet in search of something yummy that used egg yolks and this is what I found. They are really good. I think Amber loved them the most :) 
Whole Wheat Ginger Muffins


Ingredients:
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 to 1 tsp. ground ginger
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat egg yolks, honey, yogurt, and applesauce together.
3. Whisk or sift together dry ingredients until well mixed.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until well combined.
5. Bake in greased or paper-lined muffin cups for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. (I fit this recipe into 6 muffin cups.)




Adapted from Cooks.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment